30 April 2009

just looking...I think

I can't seem to ignore these shoes. I may break down and buy them. Last year I got a pair of Worishofer sandals in black that I absolutely love. Super comfy and super cute. However, they are looking a little worn now. I'm still wearing them to work, but the insoles have gotten dirty over time and I can't figure out a way to get them looking good again (toes + dirt = yuck). These shoes here might have the same issue, but they are CUTE. They also come in an awesome red patent leather, which Twin likes better of course.

When we cross the border from things-I-probably-shouldn't-spend-money-on into the dreamy land of I-could-never-afford-this-but-maybe-I-could-actually-sew-something-this-cute, I saw this dress on Orla Kiely this morning. I would call this a frock. This looks like a frock to me.

And since we're on the subject of things I want, I seriously need this for my craft room. How awesome would the fabric stash look in this? I know! And we even have an IKEA in North Carolina now. Some of my North Carolina friends do not know what the big deal is about IKEA. egads. For IKEA, I will journey to Charlotte. Maybe some day I will stumble across an affordable vintage linen cupboard, but in the meantime I might just go with the IKEA version.

Happy last day of April!

8 comments:

Diane said...

Those ARE some cute shoes. Couldn't you rationalize the cost in your head somehow? Thats what I always do. And you could definitely make that dress. Maybe not the cabinet, but definitely the dress.

Heather said...

I completely understand the Ikea thing. I visit my mom in Atlanta (3hour drive from my house) and sneak in trips to Ikea and Trader Joe's. Sometimes I visit just to go to the stores. One day she will call me out on it and I will have to confess.

Jennie said...

Go for the red patent leather!! I promise I wouldn't steal them tooo often. :)

Courtney said...

I think you should buy those shoes, wear that dress, and stand casually next to that cabinet with your fabric stash inside.

Nadia said...

The shoes look so cute and comfy! I say to buy the shoes and make the dress.

pinky from France said...

I have this pice of furniture in my stitch room for my frabrics.. it's wonderful... I. Just. Love. It !

I's in massive wood and a little bit heavy ;)

heather said...

i have those shoes, and they are the best little summer shoe for when i'm feeling really girly, which is a lot. my sister got the same ones. !

peitseoga said...

i love all three!! we're getting IKEA on the 27th of THIS month, about 10 miles from my house!! how cool is that?? i'll be casually popping in on a weekly basis! well, until i'm over the excitement that is. love the shoes, and yes, orla is a genius, but far too expensive.